Tourist information: Tourist Routes
Guided tours and tourist routes by the complex of the Citadel of Machu Picchu as well as its surroundings, are considered among the best experiences for all type of travelers, whether this tourist, hiker, amateur sports risk or simply visitor. During recent decades, the market of the hospitality and tourism industry has taken advantage of the attractiveness of this wonder of the historic Unesco World Heritage, coming to exploit the resources of this fabulous area that has been able to service each year to an incalculable number of tourists and avid travelers to take an exciting journey through the wonders of Machu Picchu. The area offers from luxury hotels luxury suites to cozy cottages in most wonderful corners of the towns and villages of Machu Picchu; all this happening throughout a wide range of accommodations such as House, hostels, pensions or hostels.
To get the most out of this excellent tourist destination, guided tours offered in different languages will allow travelers to visit different areas of Machu Picchu. Also travelers can have a better travel option by using the several trekking routes that go deep into the jungle and to the hidden paths of access to the Citadel of Machu Picchu. The whole area of Machu Picchu is fully accessible to the visitors because it puts at their disposal a large number of lookouts, tunnels, stairs, paths, passages and historical ruins.
Below are some of the different options in routes and guided tours of Machu Picchu.
- Travel packages organized 3-6 days (from 2 to 5 nights) that include guided visits to the city of Cuzco and its ruins, the Citadel of Machu Picchu, the Sacred Valley of the Incas, Koricancha, the town of Aguas Calientes, Sacsayhuaman, Puka Pukara and Tambomachay, the Sacred Valley of Urubamba, the ruins of Pisac and Ollantaytambo, Maras and MorayPutukusi or Puka Pukara.
- Travel packages organized from 5 to 6 days (4 to 5 nights) that include guided visits to the city of Cuzco and its ruins, the Sacred Valley of the Incas, the Citadel of Machu Picchu, Aguas Calientes town, and several days of journey along the Inca Trail.
- Excursion packages organized from 6 to 8 days (5 to 7 nights) that include the different crossings by the zone of the Wayana Picchu, Salinas, Putukusi, Intipunku, the ruins of Moray, Maras, Mandor, the town of Aguas Calientes, the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Packages of excursions with sports of adventure 6 to 8 days (5 to 7 nights) including different journeys on horseback by the zone of the Wayana Picchu, Salinas, Putukusi, Intipunku, the ruins of Moray, Maras, Mandor, the town of Aguas Calientes, the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Days with archaeological marches of 8 days / 7 nights at the ruins of the city of Cuzco, the Sacred Valley of the Incas, Tipon, Pirac, Maras, Andahuaylillas, Pikillaqta, Moray and the ruins of Machu Picchu.
- Adventure packages of 8 days / 7 nights with guided hiking routes, crossings on horseback by the various hidden paths of the Inca Trail, rafting in the different rivers of the Wayana Picchu, mountaineering, climbing and camping.